There are few things more devastating to a property owner than fire. If your home has been affected, your most treasured possessions and possibly large parts of the house itself will be damaged; if the fire was in your business property, your livelihood might be at stake if your stock is damaged or you have nowhere to trade. Trust the fire damage specialists from Perth, Dundee and Fife to help get your life back to normal as quickly and safely as possible.
After any fire, your primary objective must be to put safety first. It might not even be safe to stay in the house or re-enter your business premises. Electrical and ‘slip and fall’ hazards are some of the greatest dangers after a home or business fire; what’s more, wet materials can be very heavy to lift, adding injury to the devastation of fire damage. For all these reasons, if your home or business has suffered a fire, call the fire damage specialists in Perth to help you get back on your feet.
Without a doubt, restoration after a fire is best left to the professionals. Fire damages properties both in ways that you can see (burnt or damaged buildings and contents), as well as in ways that you can’t. Experienced fire-restoration professionals like Alliance know that smoke can penetrate within cavities of the structure, causing hidden damage and odor.
Poisonous chemicals in everyday items can also be released by fire, and stick to their surroundings, waiting to be breathed in as particles or absorbed through your skin. This situation is bad for everyone, but particularly for people with asthma or other respiration issues. A property affected by fire needs not only to be made clean, but also made safe. The fire damage specialists in Fife, Alliance, know how to do this.
Our knowledge of building systems helps us investigate how far smoke damage might have spread. For instance, did you know that:
- Hot smoke migrates to the cooler and upper levels of a structure?
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor?
- The type of smoke and the materials that have been burnt may greatly affect the restoration process?
Often, too, fire damage doesn’t just mean burnt furniture: it can mean damage to a building’s roof, doors, windows, locks, wiring, plumbing, floors, appliances or structural elements. There can also be water damage to all of the above from any attempts to battle the blaze. With all this in mind, it’s clear that fire damage can spread further than what is immediately obvious.
If you have experienced a fire call Alliance, the fire damage specialists in Dundee. Our expert fire-restoration professionals will:
- Arrive on site within 24 hours of the initial call
- Assess your property from within and give you a full report on the damage and how we propose to remedy it within 24 hours
- Once our plan is approved, fully restore the property to today's building standards using only qualified trades
- Decontaminate, de-odorize, clean and restore your property
- Decorate the affected areas to your specification
- Provide new floor coverings
- Advise on or undertake as appropriate the restoration of personal and household items, such as rugs, clothing, ornaments, furniture, curtains, antiques and so forth
- Arrange for emergency accommodation for you and your family if needed
- Do everything we can to get you back into your home or place of business as soon – and as safely – as possible.
Alliance is based in Perth, Scotland, and carries out work all over the country, including:
- Perth and Kinross
- Stirling and Clackmannanshire
- Fife, Dundee and Angus
- Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire